17 Aug 2010
Only application with an intuitive toolkit that addresses common mistakes at accident scene
First of several applications aimed at reaching tech-savvy Singaporeans
Singapore, 17 August 2010 – NTUC Income, Singapore’s leading insurer, announced today the launch of its first iPhone application, which is designed to meet the needs of motorists, from motor insurance applications to finding workshops and helping them manage accidents.
Called the NTUC Income Motor App, the most innovative offering in this solution is the Accident Toolkit, a handy tool that enables motorists to address the three most common mistakes committed at a scene of an accident.
Letting touts take over the removal of the vehicle, forgetting to take good shots of the accident scene and the damage to the vehicle and forgetting to sign a proper settlement form after a private settlement are the top three common errors. These regular occurrences also create openings for fraudsters to control the situation.
NTUC Income, which is Singapore’s top motor insurer, used these insights and contributed its inputs towards the development of this iPhone application. In addition, the new application will enable Singaporeans to gain direct access to Income’s travel insurance hotline and readily access information from Mytransport.sg, a service by the Land Transport Authority.
NTUC Income plans to harness information and communications technologies to improve the overall experience of Singaporeans in insurance, said Lynette Ang, Senior Vice President & Head for Sales & Marketing Division.
“With the growing popularity of the iPhone, NTUC Income leveraged on its ’Made Different‘ position to use emerging technologies and applications to engage a new generation of Singaporeans,” Ms Ang said.
“We will roll out more innovative and contemporary tools so that Singaporeans, who are increasingly tech savvy, will have more choices in the way they interact and transact with us.”
Once installed on the iPhone, users will be able to use the following features:
- Accident Toolkit, a tool that systematically guides the motorist in an event of a car accident, including the process of reporting the accident to NTUC Income and making an insurance claim;
- Road Accident Details, which guides the motorist in recording details of the driver, using a GPS locator and taking photos for claims submissions;
- Motor Insurance, which enables motorists to know more about Income’s popular Drivo motor policy;
- Branch/Workshop Locator, a built-in GPS services that shows the direction to Income’s branches and a network of more than 40 workshops around the island;
- Going Away, which enables iPhone users to purchase travel insurance through a simple call; and
- Mytransport.sg, a tool that provides instant access live traffic and public transport information. (Please see attached brochure for more details)
Chance to Win an iPad Every Week
As part of NTUC Income’s plan to promote awareness of this latest user friendly application, the insurer today launched the fun-filled Drivo Game, which will give contestants the chance to win one iPad every week over the contest period of four weeks.
Singaporeans can play the game as many times as they like but there will only be one top scorer in the weekly contest. The game can be played on either the iPhone or on the web at www.income.com.sg.