If you are the driver involved in the accident, you are advised to make the report personally at our Motor Service Centre by the end of the next working day.
Our Motor Service Centre provides you a one-stop solution with quality and reliable service for all your vehicle repairs in the event of an accident. With the Motor Service Centre, which serves as an Accident Reporting and Damage Assessment Centre, you will no longer need to liaise with third parties, workshops and other insurers.
Motor Service Centre
UB. One, 81 Ubi Avenue 4
Monday to Friday: 9am – 6pm
Saturday: 9am – 1pm
Closed on Sundays and Public Holidays
Alternatively, you can report the accident at one of our Accident Reporting Centres. If you were involved in a motor accident and do not wish to make a claim, you can report the accident online. You are required to submit the report by the end of the next working day.
Tips for accident reporting
- Policyholders are required to report all motor accidents promptly by the end of the next working day to avoid a reduction of 10% in their No Claim Discount.
Even if you do not plan to make a claim, you should report the accident for recording purposes.
- The vehicle has to be present at the reporting centre at the time of accident reporting.
- Please bring your driving licence and NRIC to the reporting centre.
- For company-registered vehicles, please bring your company stamp to the reporting centre.
- The accident reporting process takes about 30 minutes.